Learn to swim
The Get Set & Go! (Australia) Learn to Swim program caters for all ages and abilities from six months old to adult: Swim & Play, Water Confidence, Learn to Swim and Stroke Correction.
Our small swimming groups promote individualised instruction and accelerated learning.
The friendly and experienced teachers appropriately challenge each swimmer in a supportive and non-threatening environment.
All teachers are AUSTSWIM or Swim Australia accredited.
Indoor heated pool
Group and private lessons available.
- Swim and Play (SP) – Water familiarisation workshop for parents of babies. Parents are guided through interactive activities to promote positive water exploration for the baby’s early contact with the water.
- Beginner (B) – Suitable for children with little or no swimming experience. Maximum of four participants per group.
- Basic Learn to Swim (BLTS) – Transition from water confidence to learn to swim. Suitable for children ready for learn to swim skills with the benefit of a maximum of four participants per group.
- Learn to Swim (LTS) – Basic instruction in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. Average of five to seven participants per group.
- Stroke Correction (SC) – Refinement of technique in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. Builds on distance while maintaining good technique. Six to eight participants per group.
To secure your place, payment must be made in full at the time of booking. For customers re-enrolling, payment must be made no later than one week prior to commencement of the new block. Download and complete the Learn to Swim enrolment form (PDF, 694kb).
$225 per child for the 10 week block. To secure your place, payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
Electronic transfer details
Account name: Get Set & Go! (Australia) Pty Ltd
Account number: 509130136
Reference: Please use child’s name
Cheques payable to Get Set & Go! (Australia) Pty Ltd.
EFTPOS and credit card facilities are also available at the pool.
- are available only if a vacancy exists and the customer has cancelled the lesson with at least 24 hours notice,
- must be taken within the same block as the missed lessons unless alternative arrangements are made,
- are not available in lieu of regular lesson payments, and
- will be forfeited where a customer cancels or does not attend the make-up lesson.
The pool is closed on public holidays. Should your swimming lesson fall on a public holiday, refer to guidelines above for missed lessons.
What to wear
Goggles are optional; however, it is recommended that in the early stages of learning, students do not wear goggles because it enables them to experience the sensation of water in their eyes. This minimises panic should they accidentally fall into a pool.
Caps are required for all classes except Swim and Play and Beginner groups.
To help students to adjust to wearing googles and caps, practise wearing them in the bath or shower at home.
Swim nappies must be worn by babies and toddlers.
Learn to swim at home
Get Set & Go! (Australia) offers swim coaching for all ages and abilities at the convenience of your home pool. Prices vary depending on location.
Programs for schools
Get Set & Go! (Australia) provides three to four experienced and qualified swim teachers to plan, implement and evaluate the school aquatics program. Each class is divided into three to four ability groups to enable all students to be challenged and learn the skills of swimming in a safe and supportive environment. The students are assessed regularly through close observation and as they improve, students progress to a more appropriate group.
Aquatic skills include: pool safety rules, safe entries and exits, water confidence, freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, diving, starts and finishes and tumble-turns. Where the depth of the pool is suitable, life-saving skills are also available.
Contact our resident physical education teacher to discuss a schedule and fees.